- Three things I would want to make sure my students understand about being a good digital citizen-
- Cyber bullying.
- Never giving out personal information.
- Finding reliable sources.
- One of the resources I would use to share with my students is the Brain Pop videos: Cyber bullying and Digital Etiquette.
- I would teach the idea of digital citizenship by watching the Brain Pop videos to introduce the idea. Afterwards, we would discuss our learning...create an anchor chart in our resource area. I would also model for the students what digital citizenship looks like when I use my resources to find reliable resources for me or for the students to use. I would also have students create videos to share with others about what Digital Citizen ship is, what to do, and/or what not to do, etc.
- I plan to share with the parents the student created videos about Digital Citizenship so the parents can see how their children understand how to be a good Digital Citizen when using technology in our classroom.